Sunday, December 4, 2011

Families are Forever

I have a pretty amazing family. Basically, I think they are the best around. No battle.
Last August, my Grandpa passed away. He and I were extremely close. My whole life I have never lived more than 15 minutes away from him and my Grandma (except when I served my mission), and we have spent countless hours together all through my life.
Watching him die was, hands down, the absolute hardest thing I have experienced so far in my life. Only those who have experienced it can understand. I literally watched him die. I watched him struggle to breathe for hours, and then I watched him take his last breath as I held his hand. And it broke my heart. But as I stood there for the first few minutes after he passed away, I thought about how thankful I am for eternal families. I am so grateful to have the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life, which gives me the knowledge that we will be with those we love again.
I have been thinking about him a lot these past few weeks as the holidays are here. I miss him like crazy. But I know I will see him again. And I am so grateful for that.

                                                                    "Gramps"


                                           His birthday party right after he had a stem cell transplant



All his grandkids




                                           And the amazing Grandma that keeps us all
                                           together.

No comments:

Post a Comment